Speedo International Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites or applications, contacting us (by email, on social media or otherwise) or using our products or services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you would prefer your personal data was not used in the manner described in this policy, you should not use our websites or services.
For the purpose of EU and UK data protection law, the data controller is Speedo International Ltd of 8 Manchester Square, London W1U 3PH.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to us. This is information about you that you provide to us when you use our websites or applications or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our websites or applications, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions or enter a competition, promotion or survey, or any information you add to your online account as part of your ongoing use of the services (for example your swim activity). The information you give to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, swim data, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our websites or applications or use our services, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit and use of our services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information which we receive about you if you use any of our other websites, applications or services, login through a third party channel such as Facebook or Google or allow us to connect to third party devices or applications (e.g. in order to upload your swim data). We also receive information about you from other sources to enable us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, we work closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, customer management platforms, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes, we will only do so if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also amend your preferences at any time. Please see the section ‘Marketing’ below;
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to provide the service which you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer our websites or applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to enable you to have a single customer account and identity with us;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites and applications safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, for the purposes set out below:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, where these companies assist us in providing the services or otherwise administering our group operations.
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites and applications;
- third party customer management companies to enable you to have a unique customer identity with us which should enable you to access all our websites, applications and services with one single account and login details;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you and
- our third party suppliers and professional advisors, who may need access to your personal data in order to provide services to us.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Speedo International Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where e" have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We must not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites and applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link, please note that those websites and applications will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data.
MARKETING AND HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Speedo International Limited, Customer Service Team, Unit 2, Walker Park, Walker Road, Guide, Blackburn BB1 2QE, United Kingdom.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you’ve received. Should you experience any problems please call our Customer Services Team who will assist you with unsubscribing from our database.
If you have asked us to stop sending emails and this hasn’t happened, it may be because the email address to which we are sending information is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email. The address we are sending to is included within the message.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
You can close your account with us at any time by contacting our customer service team at the address above. If you choose to close your account, please note that you will no longer be able to access our website. We will delete the personal data associated with your account within a reasonable period, other than personal data which we have a need to retain for our internal business records (for example, data related to purchasing history).
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Data protection law gives you the right to access information held about you, and to object to it being used for certain purposes (for example marketing, as explained above). To the extent you cannot access your information by logging into your online account, please submit your request at the address below, or using the ‘Contact Us’ page online. If permitted by applicable law, any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.