A1 AquaBeat is a waterproof audio player. You can store songs, audio books, podcasts and other audio files for listening on the go and in/under/near the water.
A2 Downloadable radio-style shows delivered over the Internet that you can also listen to on your AquaBeat.
A3 To use your AquaBeat, you must put music, podcasts or other audio files on your computer and then download them to your AquaBeat. When you connect the AquaBeat to your computer with the USB cable, select "Open Folder to view files with Windows Explorer". Your computer will then show the Speedo MP3 as a drive folder. You can then simply click-and-drag your music files from your computer to the Speedo AquaBeat folder that appears on your computer screen.
A4 You can import music from your audio CDs to your computer. You can buy music and audiobooks or download podcasts from numerous online music stores.
A5 If you have an Internet connection, you can easily purchase and download audio files (songs, audiobooks or podcasts) online at various online music stores. You can also subscribe to various online services. Sometimes, you can obtain music for free from some legitimate online services.
A6 Plug the flat rectangular end of the included USB 2.0 Cable into a USB port on your computer. Connect the round cylindrical end of the USB 2.0 cable to your AquaBeat. Now you can download from your computer to your AquaBeat.
A7 Refer to the user guide.
A8 Press the button with a ► on the top of the AquaBeat and hold down for 2 seconds.
A9 Press and hold the ■ button for 2 seconds or simply unplug the earphones from the AquaBeat to automatically turn off your AquaBeat.
A10 You can fast-forward through your song list by clicking on the ► button one-by-one until you get to the song you want to hear.
A11 Repeatedly press the + button on the side of your AquaBeat until the music volume is perfect for you.
A12 Repeatedly press the - button on the side of your AquaBeat until the music volume is perfect for you.
A13 The bumps are a special tactile feature of the AquaBeat. The bumps allow you to know what buttons to push without having to look at the AquaBeat while you are in the water. The button on the top surface of the AquaBeat with bumps is to fast-forward to other music. The button on the top surface of the AquaBeat without bumps is to start or stop the AquaBeat.
A14 Yes, your AquaBeat is completely waterproof. You should have absolutely no fear of getting an electric shock with your AquaBeat in the water.
A15 There are a few reasons why this might be happening.
1. The earphones have to be inserted into the AquaBeat for the AquaBeat to work.
2. The battery has to be charged. Plug the USB cable into the USB port on your computer and the other end into the AquaBeat. A full charge takes about two hours.
3. Make sure your music is in either MP3 or WMA format. The player will not work if your music is formats other than MP3 or WMA.
A16 Songs must be in MP3 or WMA format to play on your Speedo AquaBeat. If your music will not play, the songs you have downloaded are most likely not in MP3 or WMA format. If, for example you imported songs to your iTunes library, they most likely are in AAC format and have to be converted to MP3. So, although your music appears to be on your AquaBeat from the computer screen, no songs can be heard until they are in MP3 format and re-downloaded to the player. Refer to the User Manual for conversion instructions. Alternatively, if the headphones are not completely inserted into the headphone jack, your music will not play.
A17 Simply plug the round cylindrical end of the supplied USB cable into your AquaBeat and the flat rectangular end of the USB cable into the USB outlet on your computer. The LED indicator will change from red to green when the unit is fully charged. A full charge takes approximately 2 hours.
A18 Yes, however, if you’re using a laptop, we recommend plugging your lap into a wall socket before charging your AquaBeat in order to ensure a full charge.
A19 A new fully charged battery provides about 9 hours of continuous play.
A20 There are several reasons why this might be happening.
1. The AquaBeat needs to be plugged in directly into the computer’s USB port and not into the keyboard or a USB hub.
2. If plugged into a laptop, the laptop must be plugged into a wall outlet.
3. The USB cable is not plugged in all the way.
4. You could have a bad USB port. Try plugging it into another USB port or another computer.
5. Your USB cable may be defective, if you do not see any lamp on the AquaBeat light up when plugged in.
6. Your system may need to be shut down and restarted to clear any issues with the USB port.
A21 The Speedo AquaBeat has a one-year limited warranty for customers who <a href="registration.html">register</a> their Speedo AquaBeat online at www.speedoaquabeat.com and provide their product serial number and receipt. Warranty is not provided if the AquaBeat has been modified or disassembled by the customer.
A22 Please contact Speedo AquaBeat's Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Customer Service agent will contact you either by email or telephone, depending on your request. If you bought yourAquabeat from our online Speedo store and cannot get your AquaBeat to work, you can return the product and we will ship you a new one.
A23 The AquaBeat can be purchased online at the Speedo Online Store or at Speedo team dealers and distributors throughout the U.S.
A24 Refer to the User Manual for conversion instructions.
A25 Do the following using Windows:
1. In iTunes, locate the Edit tab on the menu bar and choose EDIT and the Preferences tab.
2. In the Preferences menu, choose the Advanced tab.
3. In the Advanced menu, choose the Import tab and locate the drop-down >import using and select MP3 encoder.
4. Go to the View menu, choose View Option and make sure the Kind item is checked.
5. By choosing the MP3 encoder, you have changed your default settings to burn and rip all music from CDs into MP3 format. Music from your library can now be converted to MP3 format.
Do the following using a Macintosh:
1. In iTunes, locate the iTunes tab on the menu bar and choose Preferences.
2. In the Preferences menu, choose the Advanced tab.
3. In the Advanced menu, choose the Importing tab and locate the drop-down "import using" and select MP3 encoder. Then select OK.
4. By choosing the MP3 encoder, you have changed your default settings to burn and rip all music from CDs into MP3 format. Music from your library can now be converted to MP3 format.
A26 This is called ripping. You will have to convert your CD tracks to MP3 or WMA audio files using a ripping program. You can use various software, but we recommend two: iTunes or DBPOWERAMP (for PC’s Only).
To rip songs using iTunes, simply upload CDs to iTunes or other playlists. Then drag songs from iTunes or other playlists onto the Speedo AquaBeat window. Remember, default music settings must be set to MP3 format before you upload a CD.
To rip songs using DBPOWERAMP, go to <a href="http://www.dbpoweramp.com/" title="DBPOWERAMP" target="_blank">www.dbpoweramp.com</a> and install the program to your PC. Follow their instructions for ripping and converting files.
A27 Connect the AquaBeat to your computer with the USB cable. A display will open showing Speedo MP3. Select “Open folder to view your files with Windows Explorer�. Keeping this folder open, open your preferred MP3 audio program (iTunes, Winamp, RealAudio, Yahoo Jukebox or Windows media player) and select the songs you would like to upload. Drag and drop the songs into the Speedo AquaBeat window.
A28 On a PC, click on the Start button, then click on My Computer to see 'Devices with Removable Storage'. The AquaBeat will display as Speedo MP3. On a MAC, the SPEEDO MP3 file folder will display on the desktop when the AquaBeat is connected to the MAC with the supplied cable.
1. Choose songs from your library that you want converted to MP3 by highlighting them. For multiple songs, hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and select songs using your mouse.
2. Locate the Advanced tab on the menu bar of iTunes.
3. In the Advanced drop down menu, choose Convert Selection(s) to .MP3.
4. iTunes will now begin creating copy of the songs you selected in .MP3 format.
You can now delete the original version of songs you selected to convert, if you choose. The new MP3 formatted songs can now be dragged and dropped into your AquaBeat.
A30 Follow these steps:
1. Open both iTunes and your Speedo AquaBeat (double click on My Computer and locate the drive that reads, "Removable storage device."
2. Once you have both iTunes and the Speedo AquaBeat window open, minimize each window so that you have equal boxes side by side.
3. Choose songs from you iTunes music library that you want to download. You can hold the CTRL button down on your keyboard for multiple tracks.
4. Using your mouse, simply drag and drop the music selected into the window of your AquaBeat.
5. The status light will flash red on your AquaBeat as the songs are being downloaded.
6. Unplug the USB cable.
7. Plug in your waterproof earphones and enjoy.
A31 The status light on your AquaBeat will flash red to indicate that songs are downloading.
A32 The songs you are most likely dragging over are either "Protected" files or are in .AAC or other format. In either case, these files need to be converted to .MP3 or .WMA. Although these files appear to be on the AquaBeat, the songs will not actually play through the headphones. Refer to the User Manual for further instructions.
A33 You need to empty the trash can (Recycle Bin) on your desktop for the songs to be officially deleted and allow for new tracks.
A34 Follow these steps:
1. Insert the mini-CD into the CD tray onto your PC (not Mac-compatible).
2. The CD will automatically install the software.
3. Refer to the software help guide for further instructions.
A35 No, you can simply load the songs onto the AquaBeat straight from your music playlist. However the Speedo AquaBeat's software allows you to design a preferred shuffle order.
A36 Reformatting your AquaBeat wipes your player clean and deletes all songs. This will result in an AquaBeat without music. Like most removable drives, you can reformat your AquaBeat without worry of damage. When reformatting on a Mac, please make sure to choose the MS-DOS format style.
A39 Yes, you can use your AquaBeat to save Microsoft Word documents, digital photographs or any other data that you may want to transmit and transport to another computer. It works like a Flash disk/USB stick!